Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Approaching Spring

I saw a couple of robins on the lawn this past weekend. A sure sign that spring is on the way.

Can't believe Sarah's kittens are a week old now. They're really cute. I'd like to keep the dark red tabby. We'll see.

Here's the pic I promised...



I just love kittens. They're so cute to watch. Sarah already has a date with the vet in April to be spayed. She's earned a life long rest from motherhood. She's a sweet cat.

Ray and I went shopping the other day and I found loads of flower, vegetable and herb seeds for planting in boxes. I'm going to use dowel rods and netting to keep the cats out this year. "Mister" destroyed a nice start of lettuce and radishes last year. Not gonna let that happen this time.

3 comments:

  1. Robin, these kittens are so sweet! The dark red tabby looks just like my cat, Heckle. I'll try to post a picture of him soon. I love kittens too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon!

    Glad you like the kittens. We will be giving them away once they're old enough. I'm not going to take them from Sarah too soon though. She'll wean them when they're ready. I bet your Heckle is pretty. Looking forward to a pic when you can find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!

    The kittens look very peaceful and sleepy. The red tabby reminds me of a cat my aunt used to have when I was about ten. It would sit on the side of her pond for ages waiting to see if it could catch one of her goldfish but there was netting over the pond to prevent it from catching the fish!

    ReplyDelete