Monday, May 9, 2011

Decisions

Thursday, the animal control officer came and picked up Penny and her kittens. They're settled into their new home on a farm a few miles away. I miss her but she needed someone who could get her spayed. We simply didn't have the money right now. The other animals seem calmer with them gone too.

Friday I planted a few seeds around the yard, transplanted some hostas and planted marigolds and tomatoes. Later that night I was in agony. My arms felt like they were literally burning off my shoulders. Ray got me some ibuprofen along with some other medication to help me. It was devastating to learn that something as simple as using a garden spade would cause that much pain, but with fibromyalgia, the simplest exertion can be debilitating. I never want to suffer like that again, but at least I have a few things planted.

Caught this pretty fellow in the woods out back.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I hope your shoulders get better soon, I know what you mean about the simple things causing a lot of pain because my arthritis is like that so you have my sympathy.
    I try not to dig even though my soil is very light and if I have to, I get someone else to do it for me.
    Just a tip, try scattering some Californian poppy seeds (eschsoltzia) over a patch of poor soil. Once they start flowering they will seed themselves and come up year after year. They come in such pretty colours too and you can have both single and double flowers. All you'll have to do is pull up a few weeds, and sit back and enjoy the display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    Feeling better. Thanks for your kind words.
    I love poppies. They are lovely. I'll look into that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete