Thursday, January 5, 2012

Already?

The Christmas tree and decorations have been removed for almost a week now. The big ball has dropped in Times Square and we're already five days into 2012. This year is flying by already. 

The seed catalogs are arriving in the mail and once again my mind begins to drift to spring when the scent of the earth fills my head with dreams of tomato plants, marigolds, zucchini and other garden goodies. I'm hoping Ray will put in those raised garden beds I've been wishing for this year. I'll have to figure out a good way to keep the cats out though as loose soil seems to attract them like bees to honey. 
The weather has been rather mild compared to winter's past. At least it has been so far. 
Sam has been waking us up around 3am for the past four nights. 
Sammy                                                                                                                
 He jumps into the bed and whines. Sometimes he wants to go outside and other times he just seems to want attention. The lack of sleep is turning Ray and I both into grouches so we're trying to come up with a solution. Sam is a timid cat who's afraid of everything. Including his own shadow. Because of that, we try not to be cross with him but if this keeps up, he's going to be spending his nights outside because we're getting exhausted.

I'm now in the clipping stage of my latest rag quilt project. The fabrics are from the "Sip of Summer" fabric collection from Connecting Threads. That's one of my favorite online fabric shops.  I'll post a pic of it when it's finished which should be in the next day or so. 



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    Can you crate cats?? If so maybe a crate away from the bedroom where he won't wake you?
    I love the new blog look. It's always fun to mix it up a bit.
    Happy garden dreaming.
    Robin from the Roost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!

    Glad you like the new look.

    Yes, we have a couple of cats who can only enjoy the outdoors if they're safe in a crate. Sammy's never been in one so I'm afraid of what it might do to him mentally. He's a pretty nervous little guy. Last night he didn't wake us. I guess after a day outside he was glad to be in the house.

    ReplyDelete