Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Blizzard Has Arrived

Yes, the big snow event has come to Hitchens. I've been watching it off and on since it began around 1:00pm. It's after 3:00pm now. The snow has started covering the road and Ray has another hour at work before his trek home. Thankfully we moved to within a 30 minute drive. I always say a little prayer for his safe return home. He's my best friend and soul mate as well as my husband. He has a way of bringing out the best in me. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I've spent the day getting the house cleaned, the clutter back into it's rightful places and the laundry is all caught up. I baked a Strawberry Cake with a Vanilla Glaze this time. Looking forward to that later on.




I made a pot of chili last night.
We had a bowl with shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Here's the recipe in case you want to try it.

Robin's Chili

1 pound of ground round
1 envelope of Chili-O seasoning
1 can of mild chili beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 of a large can of tomato juice
2 tablespoons of sugar

Brown your ground round in a large pot.
Drain off the extra water and grease.
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for an hour.
It's easy, good and it freezes well. I saved some back to have chili cheese coney dogs for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you are aware that in UK we are having a big freeze too! Last night's temperatures in the West country were lower than Antarctica but I haven't seen any penguins yet!
    I also had some chili with rice tonight but didn't have any cheese because I fed it to the robin today! I must get some more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the "Almighty" has made a liar out of Al Gore and his globalist minions. I wonder if he'll have to return his Nobel Peace Prize? lol

    Yes it's freezing here in the US too. The Arctic Blast hits tonight. I've been keeping all the cats inside most of the time. They seem to appreciate it.

    Be careful on that ice. It's tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, you make your chili almost the exact same way I make mine. I used the Chili-O seasoning too. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete