Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gentle Showers in Hitchins


I was sitting at the computer and found myself drawn to the window. A gentle shower is falling with only a whisper of it's presence. It's days like these that make me feel relaxed and at peace.

It won't be long until spring arrives. The seed catalogs are already here. I wish I had the space and the ability to plant everything I like in them.

Oh well, it's time to plan tonight's dinner. I've tweaked a few different recipes and created a dish that both of us can't get enough of. It's easy, fast and it is soooooo good.

Creamy Chicken and Pasta Dish

Ingredients:

Angel hair pasta (Amount will depend upon how many servings you're planning).

2 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces

Cheese Sauce:
8 ounces of cream cheese (cut into chunks)
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of margarine plus 2 tablespoons
1 cup of Half and Half

Start your pasta water. Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Bring the water to a boil before adding the angel hair pasta. It should be done in about 5 minutes. Drain, and keep it covered.

Sautee the chopped chicken breast in 2 tablespoons of margarine until done. Remove from heat and keep it covered.

In a medium sauce pan, combine the cream cheese, grated parmesan, butter and Half and Half, stirring constantly until smooth. Add the sauteed chicken to the sauce and mix.

Place each serving of pasta on a plate. Add the chicken and cheese sauce and top with more greated parmesan cheese.

The sauce will feed four people. If you want to make it for two, just half the sauce recipe.

I love the texture of the angel hair pasta and the sauce is rich, creamy and delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love your recipes but I have to adjust them a little as there are some things I'm not supposed to eat. That's torture for someone who loves all food but keep them coming and if they're old family favourites that have been handed down through the generations, make sure you write them down or they will be lost forever! LOL

    ReplyDelete