Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Musings

It's close to noon on this mid January friday in Hitchins. Our big blizzard turned into only a few inches of snow this time. On our side of the road it's all melted away. On the opposite side it still lays on the hillside and on the neighbor's lawns. Living on the "sunny side" does have it's advantages.

Our computer is in one of the upstairs bedrooms. From it's window I can see the beautiful Sweetgum tree in the church yard next door. This morning I saw something unusual sitting on one of the branches. I ran for the camera and caught a pic of it. It looked like a large owl without my glasses.





Once I enlarged the pic, it was then clear what it was. It was "Mister"!



That cat loves to climb. He used to scale up and onto the house roof. It's a bit harder getting down from there and so I've had to coax him to the safest jumping point to the ground. This happened twice. After that, he learned his lesson.

This time he saw me in the window. I told him I couldn't help him. He was a good 15 feet up the tree. He scaled down that tree trunk like a lumberjack, hind feet first and finally onto solid ground. That was a relief.

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I'm so glad you found my blog and posted and I found yours. I'm going to add your blog to the ones I follow. I remember sweetgum trees, but I'm afraid I don't know how to recognize one other than seeing those sweetgum balls on the ground. There used to be one at a company where I worked. A coworker and I went outside and picked a bunch of them up and made a crafty thing. I think we used styrofoam in either a round ball or a tree shape. We somehow stuck the sweetgum into the styrofoam and then added little berries somehow. It was a cute project. It makes me want to try it again. All I have to do now is find a sweetgum tree. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon. Thank you for your kind words. Your love of primitive decorations got my attention. You have great taste in your selections. I'm looking forward to more pics and great ideas.

    ReplyDelete