Thursday, April 8, 2010

This & That

I am hearing a soft rain outside, mingled with the pleasant songs of various birds. Including this little fellow.



It's supposed to cool off this evening and we may have a frost tonight. I've put away all the plants and trees we've placed in planters, in the shed for the time being. It's going to warm back up within the next few days and hopefully I can get the rest planted.

I am thinking that after I write this post, I'm going to start cutting some 6 1/2" blocks for the next rag quilt. I've chosen some gingham checks with calicos in the same colors. It will make a pretty quilt when it's finished.

I am wearing a red and white gingham lounge dress today. It's long, loose and flowing. I have to be careful around the kittens though. They enjoy a swat at it as I walk by.

The red male kitten is going to his new home this weekend.



One of Ray's co-workers is getting him for her sister. She had a red tabby male that passed away not long ago. She'd had him all his long life. I hear she's already named him Raymond and has bought all new supplies. I'm not going to worry about that one. He's loved already.

We've planted several forsythia bushes, a red maple tree, a pink dogwood tree, and a raspberry bush so far this spring. After this threat of frost, we're adding a few more lavender plants and a couple of chokeberry bushes to the yard. Here's what they look like in the fall.


Black Chokeberry Bush



They grow five to seven feet tall and about 5 feet wide once they're mature. They're going to make alot of birds around here happy. I'm adding several sunflowers to the gardens this year too. The goldfinches love them.



I best get busy working on those quilt blocks.

Have a pleasant day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures. Your birds are so colourful compared to ours because your goldfinch is yellow where ours is brown with red and yellow markings but beautiful all the same.
    I'm glad your kitty will be going to a loving home too.

    ReplyDelete