Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is Coming!



The snow has been on the ground for several days now. I remember dad saying that when a snow lingers, it's waiting for the next one. He right too. There's a whopper of a snow storm expected this coming Christmas weekend. Thankfully, Ray and I have no plans for traveling.

I'm going to bake a turkey with all the trimmings for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Also have plans for baking Ray's favorite, Toll House Cookies and some homemade fudge.

I've recorded all the Christmas specials to watch this week too. One of my favorites is "The Bells of St. Marys", starring Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman.


I also have a copy of the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol" starring Reginald Owen.


In my opinion, he's the best Scrooge to ever play the part. We always watch that on on Christmas Eve.

I've been making toys for the cats and getting all the washing and cleaning out of the way.

Ray's on vacation this week and has been a big help.

3 comments:

  1. Robin, It's great to here from you. If I don't see you again soon I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    Mrs. A (Rosemi)

    Ps: I am now at http://victorarose.blogspot.com/

    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemi!

    Aww thank you. I've missed you too.

    I've been under the weather for awhile but feeling some better now. I'll try to post more in the coming year.

    Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!

    I think most of the northern hemisphere is having a lot of very cold temperatures and snow too. We're due some more on Boxing Day which does make it look very seasonal.
    Eden and I wish you and Ray a very peaceful and blessed Christmas. Keep warm and take care.

    ReplyDelete