Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Something Old and Something New

The Christmas season is winding down. The tree and ornaments are put away for another year and the house is getting back to normal. The turkey leftovers are long gone, yet the cats still roam into the kitchen with hopes that another pinch of turkey may come their way. Cats are always hopeful for one thing or another.

Someone dropped off another surprise last week. I'm up and down all hours of the night and morning and always check on the cats on the deck. It was around 4:00am the Sunday before Christmas when I spotted "Holly" sitting next to "Boo Boo" in his box. "Holly couldn't have been over 4 weeks old if she was a day. After a short chase around the deck in my nightgown in 12 degree weather, I managed to catch and cradle her in my arms. She's been my constant companion ever since. "Holly" has to be the biggest and best surprise we've received this Christmas.


Holly

4 comments:

  1. Aww...what a cute face.:) But 12 degrees in a nightgown? That's love right there.

    I need to put away Christmas stuff. I want the house perfect for 2011. Sounds vain I know but home sadly just hasn't been too well maintained for a while.

    Much love and blessings,

    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly is gorgeous Robin, such beautiful eyes. I hope you and yours have a great 2011 :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!

    What a gift! Someone once told me that you can't own a cat, the cat owns you. I think this is very true and the cats seem to find you quite easily!
    Holly obviously has found the home she was looking for (or maybe Santa did!).

    ReplyDelete