Friday, August 12, 2011

Working on the Christmas Craft Fair

I've been busy working on a quilt for the Christmas craft fair this year. I'm hoping to make several little items to sell as well as some homemade candy and candied pecans. I'll take pictures of our booth when we get it set up but it won't be here until later in the fall. Ray's also getting excited and is planning some woodworking projects to sell in our booth too. We're going to call it "Scott's Country Store". My mind hasn't stopped working since we've decided to do it. And of course the cats have to be in the middle of everything I'm trying to do. 

"Peety" makes a game out of everything and is practically driving me crazy! He likes going outside but because he's an inside cat, I have to keep him in a cage for his safety. Thankfully, he doesn't mind that except that there was a backhoe working on the new addition to the church next door and the sound was too much for him. I saw him crouching and pacing in the cage and quickly went after him. He couldn't wait until the cage door was opened and practically leaped into my arms. Once inside, he relaxed with some cuddles and a few of his favorite treats.




I best get back to the sewing machine. Have a great day! 



1 comment:

  1. You are very talented with your crafts and cooking so I know you will have great success and I will keep watching your blog so that I can see how you get on. You could always put a few bulbs like hyacinths in some bowls and put them in a dark, cool place until they have shoots about an inch or so high then bring them into the room to flower in time for Christmas. You will need to find out exactly how close to Christmas you need to plant them but I'm sure they will be snapped up and besides, you don't have to do too much to them!

    ReplyDelete