Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Beginnings

I ran an ad for the kittens and two were gone on the first call. Both black kittens are gone now and their mother Nelly hasn't stopped calling for them all day. She did calm down when she saw Gilbert. He's the gray tabby male and the only one left now. 

I told Ray if no one asks for him, I guess we'll keep him too. I said it just may be God's will. He said he'd put up a pic of him at the vet just so more of God's people can know he's available. lol 
That Ray is a funny guy.

The turkey is thawing in the fridge and all the groceries are in for thursday's big feast. I asked a few to dinner but no takers. Some just aren't into Thanksgiving. As for me...well...it's always been a tradition for me to make mom and granny's dressing. They made the best sage dressing in the world and each year when I take those bites, memories of them just fill my mind and it's almost as though they're still with me. The leftovers are awesome too!

After the feast is over, the Christmas tree will go up. We bought a small white tree this year and it's already decorated with red and gold ornaments, white lights and red velvet bows. It even has a small angel with a red velvet gown for the topper. It's safely tucked away upstairs away from prying and batting paws. This will be Peety's first Christmas tree experience. We just know he would be the one to climb the big tree and decided that the drama was more than I wanted to deal with, so the small tree should do fine. I'll take pics and post them sometime during the holidays.



I've invited the family here this year and hope the weather cooperates. It's going to be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I'm glad that homes have been found for two of your kittens and hopefully someone will want the gorgeous Gilbert when they see his picture.
    You've obviously got everything under control for Thanksgiving (I'd have been there like a shot if there wasn't an ocean and lots of miles between us!). Yesterday I wrapped bacon round chipolatas and put in the freezer for our Christmas dinner because I'm cooking for Sarah and the grand-children this year. We'll be having a very large free range chicken again. The pudding's done (only Eden and I like that) and the cake's made too. I gave it a glass of brandy at the weekend and it will get a couple more.
    I'm not sure when I'll be putting up the tree(s) and decorations but I will discuss that with Eden this weekend.
    Hope you're feeling better and love to you both for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia!

    Thanks for the wishes.
    Yes, Gilbert is off to his new home now and peace has returned to our little cottage. Kittens always add excitement as the older cats don't like sharing me with anyone else.
    We're hoping the strays will stop bringing their young and we can get a foothold on this breeding thing.
    "Mister" got into a fight with something last week. Some bloody paw prints leading to his bed gave it away. We have another pack of three dogs around here trespassing and chasing the cats. I think I may know who the culprit is. He's due for a date with the dog warden anyway.

    Sounds like you're getting ready for the holidays too. Family and friends make the holidays extra special for me too.

    ReplyDelete