Saturday, November 26, 2011

That Miracle Happened!

Yes indeed. We now have lights up on the porch outside! Ray put them up today and now the neighbors are out on their ladders too. I think we've started something. lol 


We've draped garland from the porch railing with bows tied to each post and a large red and gold ornaments hang from the center of each swag of the green garland. Now the weather man is predicting snow on the ground next week! Now what could possibly get a person into the Christmas spirit than snow!


Here's a close up of our little tree. I think the red and gold looks pretty against the white tree.


We've decided not to take the picture window away from the cats this Christmas. They love it so much they seemed stressed without it in past years, so we opted for the landing at the bottom of the stairs.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Your tree looks so pretty. I like the simplicity of having just one or two colours.
    I've been busy making stuffing balls which are now in the freezer with the bacon and chipolata rolls.
    The Christmas shopping has been started but I won't put the decorations up until after next weekend.
    It would be nice if we had some snow here but that's not going to happen this year because the temperature is way above normal. Hopefully we will have a really cold January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,

    I love your little tree. This year my husband I decided to put out our little pink tree instead of wrestling with the big one. It's cute. I will take a picture and post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny we have to do the same thing. My cats hate it if we block the window. We can't even put stuff on the ledge or they knock it off. Must be a cat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    I think you're right. Cats get set in their ways and can insist things stay the same.

    ReplyDelete