Friday, December 2, 2011

Making Treats

I've made a few treats already for Ray and I. 
Monday night I made some fudge to eat for when Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer came on TV Tuesday night. My mom used to make that fudge for us when we were little and I remember watching Rudolph as we ate it. I feel close to her when I get lost in those memories. 

Last night it was peanut butter cookie night. Those are Ray's favorite cookies. 

Tonight I made us some Chex Party Mix. That stuff is so addicting!

I'm going to make more of that, some peanut butter blossom cookies, buckeyes candy, Muddie Buddies and some caramel corn with peanuts for our family party on Christmas Day. 

Other family members are bringing sausage balls, cheese balls, pumpkin rolls and that's just the things I've been told. I'm sure there will be more things to enjoy. 


The shopping is done and all the cards and gifts have been mailed that will be. We have a few more gifts to wrap but it's still early and we do have a few prying paws around here. With the heat vent not far from the tree, any breeze that happens to move a bow will become a fast game for our gang of felines.


Peety is snoozing in the bed by the tree at the moment.

That bed has become popular with all of them. 

The decorations outside are complete too.

3 comments:

  1. I like your decorations! Those treats sound yummy too! I remember my dad when I bake cookies. My mom wasn't too fond of the oven, but my dad was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemi!

    Thanks for the compliments. Dads can be good cooks too! Hope all is well with you and the family. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling about gifts and cats. We have one ( Kite) That thinks paper is his private toys. So we have to keep our gifts on a table off the floor. You just gave me a good ideal for a post on animals and gifts.LOL Thanks

    ReplyDelete