Thursday, February 4, 2010

Making Bread

Hope this post finds you well and happy.

I've been busy trying new recipes and looking for new sewing ideas. I've found several I'm going to try in the coming weeks.

Baked a couple of mini-loaves of yeast bread on tuesday. They turned out great!



The buttered slices go well with any meal. There's something special about bread you've made yourself. If you're interested in the recipe, just ask. This recipe came from a Parent's Magazine cookbook from the mid 1950's.

There's a chance for another big winter snow storm this weekend. So far we've missed any huge snow storms. I keep telling Ray that we must live in God's pocket. I think he's starting to believe me. ;)

I placed an order with Gurneys last night. I wanted to get my order in early before everything was gone. Here's this year's order:



They have a special right now. Spend $50.00 and get $25.00 off. I'm not a sales person but they do have a nice selection of seeds and plants. They guarantee them too. You can't do any better than that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your bread turned out well and you are right, homemade is best. I hate that soggy stuff that sticks on the roof of your mouth because that's what they sell as bread here.
    I've got a nice book about breads from around the world and soon I hope to make some San Francisco sourdough bread and French Pain de Campagne Rustique which is similar.
    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL grandma. I fully agree on that soggy bread. Let me know how your baking turns out. I'm always looking for new and tasty recipes. I just love vintage cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete