Monday, January 10, 2011

Let It Snow!



I made that little door banner last year. Shortly after it was hung we had some snow. While it's been on the door this season, all it has done is snow. We're expecting several inches here in the next day or so. I'm beginning to wonder about that banner. Perhaps I've sewn some snow wishes into that piece.

With the storm approaching, I thought a lasagna would be a warm and comforting meal for Ray when he gets home tonight.


I found a recipe we both enjoy and one that's become the standard around here. Once I find one we like, I can't see much use in messing with it.

Here's the recipe for our lasagna:

ITALIAN LASAGNA

One and one half pounds of ground chuck or beef
2 cloves minced garlic
1 medium chopped onion
2 tbsp brown sugar

Brown together drain fat and add:

1 29oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 6 oz can tomato sauce
1 - 6oz can tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Mix together and let simmer. While this is simmering, boil 8 lasagna noodles for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.

In a separate bowl mix together:

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pint ricotta cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 eggs beaten

Place 1/2 of the lasagna noodles on the bottom of a greased 11 x 13 baking dish.
Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and then layer an 8oz bag of mozzarella cheese on top.
Then pour 1/2 of meat and sauce mixture all.
Repeat the next layer the same way with the noodles, ricotta cheese,adding an additional 8 oz bag of mozzarella cheese, ending with the meat and sauce and then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Holly is growing like a weed and is always into some kind of trouble.


She's managed to warm the heart of every cat around here and thankfully Bella and Sarah watch over her for me from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I love the door banner. Perhaps I should make one because I love the snow (but I don't like driving in it).
    Great minds think alike because I made some lasagnes too and I shall look forward to having them with a salad.
    Isn't that Holly a little show off too! It looks as though she likes posing for her picture.
    If you're getting more snow, make sure you keep warm. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma,

    Glad you like the banner. It was fun putting it together. I was never much good driving in the ice and snow myself. Never got the hang of it.

    Holly is a mess, that's for sure and I've got her spoiled already. She reaches for me to hold her like a child. Never had one do that before.

    ReplyDelete