Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend on the Couch

I wasn't prepared for what happened Saturday morning. A slight stretch before getting up turned into an extremely painful muscle spasm in my left leg that was so bad I cried out. Ray jumps up and runs over to my side of the bed to see what he could do for me. A quick rub and me standing up was all it took to ease the intensity of the pain, however the soreness remains even today. My weekend was spent on the couch, on the heating pad off and on. Trying to get to the bathroom was a chore and I looked like a pirate walking around with a peg leg. Not fun.

Ray did make us some peanut butter cookies that evening. Keep in mind that Ray doesn't like to cook, nor does he want to learn, but with my encouragement, he gave it a try. I have to say those cookies turned out great! I ate more of his cookies than I would have had I made them!

The cats took turns snoozing on the couch with me as the TV droned on from one show to another in the background.

Speaking of cats..."Penny" brought two more kittens with her onto the deck this weekend. They're two beautiful red, tabbies that look to be about six weeks old.


There's no way we're going to be able to keep them. They wouldn't be here if Penny hadn't disappeared before her spay appointment at the vet a few months back. But here they are and we're going to have to find homes for them too.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Sounds like you've torn a muscle. Ouch! You will need to take it easy for a while, I hope it gets better soon.
    Well done to Ray for making the cookies too. Tell him all the world's top chefs are men so he could go all the way if he wanted to!
    The cats near you must tell their friends that yours is a good place to hang out so I hope you soon find homes for the kittens.
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma,

    It's still pretty sore, so I'm guessing you're right. I'm furious with my doctor right now so I'm looking for a new one closer to us. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll have it looked at.

    Yes, I think the word is out about us. Those little fuzzballs are cute but they grow up fast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your leg feels better soon. Sometimes when I stretch in bed I get a bad cramp in the calf of my leg, but it sounds like this is nothing like that. I know how painful it must be. Those little fuzzies know just where to come. The word is out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon Robin, and hope you can find the fuzzies homes without too much trouble xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! Robin

    ReplyDelete