Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting Ready

It's been on the news all week long. Another huge snowstorm is hitting the nation this weekend. I find it funny that Washington DC is going to get plenty of snow. I wonder if any of them still believe in the global warming reports? It's plain as plain that God is reminding them that only He can control the weather. Will they ever listen? lol

We're prepared for a weekend of relaxing together and watching the snow cover everything.

I'm a huge fan of Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. Her soothing voice relaxes me and most of her dishes are simply wonderful.
Here's a link to her recipes:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/ina-garten/recipes/index.html

Tomorrow morning I'm surprising Ray with Ina's Easy Cheese Danish.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/easy-cheese-danish-recipe/index.html

I just know we're going to love it. Lemon zest gives such a fresh taste to food.

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I love Ina Garten too. I love watching her cook and I love the way she sets her tables and has all those nice dinners for friends and family. By the way, your bread looks delicious. I've never made homemade bread before, just some homemade All Bran rolls that are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    Ina's voice relaxes me. I bet she's fun to be around too. I've tried several of her recipes and my husband Ray is almost as eager as her husband Jeffrey is to taste the next dish.

    Thanks for the compliment. I don't make yeast breads very often because it takes so long to get them in the oven. Once their scent fills the kitchen, I ask myself why I don't do it more often.

    All Bran rolls sound yummy. They're healthy too.

    ReplyDelete