Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hmmm....

Well, it looks like it's going to take a supoena to get the neighbor to do the right thing. So after the holidays, and once the new county attorney is in place, I'll be meeting with him along with our county judge executive. The dog warden drove by today, but the dogs were in hiding it seemed. Once he was out of sight, back into my yard they came chewing on some more garbage.
I love animals and hate the thought of any being destroyed, but the owner refuses to keep them up and out of mischief. I'm afraid it's only going to be a matter of time before someone is bitten, but I've done all I can do for now.

We called a fence contractor and was given an estimate of $5600 to chain link fence our property. Who has that kind of money in this economy? So it seems every solution is met with an obstacle of some sort.

It's time to get focused on other fun things like Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping.

I've been working on a pretty rag quilt in pretty ginghams and calicos. I've got it half finished. I plan to put it on Etsy for sale. I opened a shop there the other day and once I have a few things for sale, I'll post a link so you can see what I've made.

4 comments:

  1. Our eldest son planted some barberries as a hedge. It takes a bit of time but they are a very good 'fence'. You'd have to have a leather suit on to get through. I wonder if concrete blocks would be a cheaper fence?? They use those down south and they are wonderful privacy.

    Good luck with the process. Good neighbors are such a wonderful thing, disrespectful neighbors... not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,

    Ray and I spent an afternoon planting several forsythia starts only to have those dogs rip out every single one within one day's time. One grab of a barberry would certainly be their last. lol

    I'll have to see about those. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!

    I wish you luck with your fight. I'm waiting for the repercussions as I've just reported my 'neighbours from hell' for a second time.

    As for your hedge, if you want something quick growing and totally impenetrable, you need to try rosa rugosa. These roses have thousands of sharp spines covering the stems and when they flower they have a beautiful flowers which are scented too. When they are big enough, if you want to shape them I'm afraid you'll have to buy Ray a suit of armour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grandma,

    LOL! Ray has laid down the law. He said he refuses to dodge thorny bushes while using the lawn tractor.
    We do have another wicked idea, but in case the neighbors are reading this, we're gonna be quiet about it for now. :)

    ReplyDelete