Monday, November 22, 2010

Rag Quilt

After fighting a few painful days, (they happen when the weather changes), I finally finished the first of several planned rag quilts.

This one is a country patchwork of calicos and ginghams.






I'm working on a matching pillow to go with it.
Looks like a lot of people are making rag quilts for sale now so I've decided to give this one as a gift. I can't share who it is in case they may be reading this blog, but I have a feeling they're going to be surprised.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I love the colours and I think you are so talented. The person who will be receiving the quilt will be absolutely delighted especially as any gift made by hand is made with more love.
    I can't be doing with fiddly things any more because of the arthritis and that plays up too when the weather gets damp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    Thanks for the compliments. I hope they like it.

    Arthritis is painful. I'm sorry you have to suffer with it too.

    Ray and I are spending a quiet Thanksgiving holiday at home. I'm going to cook a little feast for us and we'll have leftovers to last a few days. It will be nice not to have to cook for a short while.

    ReplyDelete