Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One Down and a Few to Go

Well monday I began the spring cleaning. The bathroom was first and I was surprised it took as long as it did but I left so surface untouched, except for the ceiling of course. I even wiped down the mini blinds, washed the shower curtain and all the rugs too. By the time that was finished, I was whipped. Too many winter days of little exercise left my body with aches and pains in places I forgotten I had. I do feel better today though. The bathroom is sparkling and now it's on to the laundry room. Once the house is cleaned I can concentrate on other things.

I made a heat/ice pack over the weekend using muslin fabric and rice for stuffing. I then made a pretty washable cover for it out of a reproduction feedsack fabric.


You can either freeze it or put it in the microwave for a minute. Peety's already discovered it's warmth and will lay on it when I'm not using it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the washable cover! I need to spring clean... but have been playing on spring break instead of scrubbing. I need to take my blinds down and clean them but it may have to wait for warmer weather. It alwasy feels so nice to have it all clean and fresh though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,

    Glad you like the cover idea. I used velcro on the end to seal it shut and double seamed the rice bag all around the outer edges.

    My mom used to take her mini blinds outside scrub them and then hose them. They dried in the sun in no time.

    ReplyDelete