Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sewing and Growing

I've been learning different quilting techniques this week on YouTube. There are several people giving tutorials on there. Here's one of my favorites...



I've also been sewing quite a bit too. I made a couple of hot mats for larger pots like chili and stews for the table, a crock pot cover and a little case for my reading glasses.

Here's a few pics of those projects.







The next thing I hope to learn is how to sew a straight seam. lol

Yesterday evening I noticed the hostas have popped out of the ground and are around three inches tall now. What a great feeling to see that! The last freeze is due this weekend. After that, hopefully the warm weather will be here to stay.

Sissy got very protective of her kittens and was chasing every cat in the house this past weekend. It got so bad, I had to move her and the kittens into a make-shift shelter on the porch. She's finally calmed down and so have I. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment