Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Beautiful Day!

This is one of those days you wish you could feel every day. It's not hot and it's not cold either. There's a cool gentle breeze kissing here and there and most of the cats are napping.





While they were out of the way I made some shortbread.
Traditional shortbread isn't as sweet as I make it but this recipe is yummy!

Shortbread

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and vanilla and then add sugar. Gradually add flour a little at a time. Roll out dough on lightly dusted surface to 1/4 inch thickness. (I use powdered sugar instead of flour to roll them in. That way there's no flour left on them after they're baked.) Cut them out and bake at 300° for 22 minutes.

Makes : 2 dozen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. We've had it quite warm here this weekend too.
    I like the look of your shortbread but I'm not allowed to indulge myself as I need to lose so much weight and I have to keep off the carbs and sugars.
    Ah well! Back to the fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean grandma, I've been eating lots of naval oranges lately. I've developed a craving for them.

    ReplyDelete