Monday, August 2, 2010

I Just Did It Again!

I fell down those same stairs again just a few minutes ago. I wasn't holding onto the railing with both hands and taking my time as I normally have been since the last fall the 4th of July weekend. I was after Bella for chasing Abby all over the house.

This time I landed on my left hip right along the rim of the stair. It's really starting to smart too but I can walk, so it's not broken. Got a feeling I am gonna have a nice bruise by the end of the day. I was wearing socks too so I don't know what it is about those carpeted stairs that is causing my feet to slip out from under me now. I didn't have any problems last year. If anyone has any ideas on how to safeguard these stairs, please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I hope your bruise isn't too painful. Eden suggested a stairlift (don't worry, she thinks I need one too)! Because my sciatic nerves are trapped my leg sometimes give out just as I'm going up or coming down the stairs so I always make sure I hold on with one hand and try not to carry things that are too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma,

    Our dear Eden is right about that lift.
    I never had a problem with falling until this past month. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm going to look for some slippers with good tread on them too.

    Thanks to you both for your suggestions.
    Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of positive vibes Robin, and hope you heal up really soon. That sounds so painful.

    Take good care of yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma!

    Thanks for those positive vibes and the well wishes. I can sure use them.
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Robin, I'm sorry I missed this post. I sure hope you are feeling better now.

    I wanted to thank you for your comment on my post. You encouraged me to keep on praying earnestly. I have been; thanks to God using your kind words.

    Love, Rosemi

    ReplyDelete