Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Nice Surprise!

Ray surprised me yesterday with a brand new, portable, Maytag dishwasher!


Although my capable hands have now been replaced, this is one time I'm thrilled to step aside. My hands get so dry and chapped during the winter months, it's going to be so nice not to have to deal with that anymore.

It ran like a dream last night and the dishes were sparkling. The cats are adjusting to the new sound in the house now too. The warmth of the drying cycle was something they seemed to enjoy once the cycle stopped though. It has a working surface so it doubles as an island now too.

Ray got hugs, kisses and a few tears of joy for his wonderful gift. I told him we could consider it a birthday present, but he said it was a gift given "just because".
He's quite a guy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Who's a lucky girl. I think that was a lovely thing for Ray to buy you.
    All I got this weekend was a folding plastic stool so that I can reach my salad spinner and cereal off the top of the kitchen cupboard and reach across the roof of the car to clean it. I seem to be shrinking as I get older so I treated myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!

    Ray sounds lovely, what a thoughtful present. I hope you have many happy hours cooking, without having to worry about washing up now!

    ReplyDelete