Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Visitor

Yes, this morning I was blessed with another visitor. This time it was a beautiful male pheasant. He was a big fellow too! Sadly, "Mister" saw him too and before I could get my camera focused, "Mister" had set out after him. The good news is, the pheasant managed to get off the ground before "Mister" caught up to him. Although I know it won't do any good, "Mister" got a scolding just the same. Can't fuss at him too much for doing what he does best. He did catch a mouse for me already this year.

I've been busy planting purple coneflowers, black-eyed susan and sunflower seeds in beds all over the yard. I'm so looking forward to them blooming.

The last of the kittens, the calico, managed to steal Ray's heart last week so he's decided to keep her too. We've named her "Bella" as she is a pretty little thing. Like Ray said, "What's one more?"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!
    I planted some sunflowers in a tray last week to stop the tiny woodmouse from finding them and I noticed today that they have already started to sprout. I'll put them in when the wallflowers are over but that will be a few weeks yet.
    I'm glad 'Mister' didn't catch the pheasant as he's probably got a family nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    Yes, I'm glad he didn't catch it too. That's the first time I was ever that close, (within 10 feet), to a pheasant. He was really beautiful!

    I just love sunflowers. Don't forget to take some pics of them. I'm going to order some prints and start a gardening scrapbook this year.

    ReplyDelete