Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Valuable Lesson

We made the mistake of letting our cat Sarah in to play with her daughter Bella last night while we were watching tv. They both go nuts when they're together. They chase one another, wrestle and roll across the floor in one large furry ball. It's quite comical to watch. Last night though, not so much.

We had just finished eating our dinner on trays in front of the tv as always. Ray had just brought in our after dinner cup of coffee. I still had almost an entire glass of tea I hadn't finished yet that was still on the tray as well.

Suddenly, boom!

Sarah slammed right into my tray and the coffee and tea splashed all over the new sofa. I was too shocked to cry at that moment, but I sure wanted to.
Ray grabs the first thing he can to begin soaking up the mess, a rag quilt I'd made for him this past winter.

After much dabbing, scrubbing and blow drying, the tea and coffee was gone before it could stain.

Sarah was put outside for the night and Bella was given a short time out in her sleeping quarters.

I washed the rag quilt in cold water and thankfully the tea nor the coffee stained it either.

Ray and I learned a valuable lesson last night, and that was to not let Sarah in during mealtime.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin!
    I'm glad the tea and coffee didn't spoil your sofa or quilt and I can understand how you must have felt.
    Unfortunately, our furry (woolly, hairy or feathery friends) don't see the world the same way as us.
    The cats were obviously having a really good time together. Maybe they will behave more sedately when Bella gets a little older.

    ReplyDelete