Monday, May 31, 2010

A Relaxing Memorial Day

I hope you all had a nice Memorial weekend.

Ray took a vacation day friday and helped me "company clean" the house before our company arrived. "Company cleaning" is when you add a bit more shine to everything more than you normally do.

Ray's brother Bob and his wife Ursula came in from Pikeville, KY to stay with us saturday afternoon. I had just pulled some lasagna out of the oven when they arrived. The lasagna was a big hit and after some of us had seconds, the rest was sent to Ray's sister Cindy's house. We had a nice visit as we always do.

Bob & Ursula spent saturday night with us. Sunday afternoon they left for Ray's dad's house for a few hours before the trip back home.

Ray & I joined them at dad's a bit later and we had a nice visit there too.

Ursula taught my mother-in-law Gay & I how to french braid our hair. I'm gonna need more practice before I master that one, but I did come home with a nice braid of my own.

Gay won first and second place in our annual art show saturday afternoon too. She also sold another painting on commission for $150. We were all so proud of her and she was beaming when she showed us the ribbons. She's quite the talented artist

Today, we're gonna relax with our feet up and do as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment