Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Rainy Day in Hitchins


Yes, it's a cloudy and rainy day here in Hitchins. The weatherman says it's gonna be wet for next few days. The seeds in the beds are going to be happy.

I took a short walk around the yard between showers this morning and took a few pics.

The strawberries are continuing to ripen.

They're nice and sweet too. Not hard and odd tasting like those in the supermarkets. I've read they're full of pesticides, so be sure to wash them well before you eat them.

This is my first attempt at growing foxglove.


This is the plant's second year and it's multiplied already.

This is also the second year for this peonie.



Can't wait to see it in full bloom.

The birds are singing from the thicket and the earth smells fresh.
I do believe it's time for a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!
    Your plants are about a month ahead of mine and I've just had to water the pots because the showers forecast are very light.
    My foxgloves are just pushing up their flower spikes and now is a good time to sow seeds to flower next year.
    Your peony looks like Sarah Bernhardt and I used to have one of those. They're gorgeous and the flower smells wonderful, just like a rose. Mine took up almost half the garden so I'm afraid I had to give it to someone with a bigger garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I love the light pink of your peony. I wanted some like that. I saw that our local Kmart had some, but they were all sold out. Maybe they will get some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments.

    I think foxglove is so pretty.

    I buy all my flowers and seeds from Gurneys online. I bought two different peonies but only the pink one has blooms. I forget now what the name is.

    ReplyDelete