Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Rainy Day

More showers and thunderstorms have come to Hitchins this morning. I can hear the thunder rolling overhead as the wind and rain begins to increase. We need this though. Yesterday the heat was sweltering, registering 90F in the shade. The cats were all listless and could do little else but nap.

I pulled a few weeds from around the corn and fertilized the tomatoes. I jumped in the shower quickly once I got back inside. It wasn't a day for yard work, that's for sure.

I've been busy these past few days working in some embroidery on some blocks for a quilt I'm designing. This one is going to be a rag quilt but with a star theme. I've made my own star appliques to go on it too. I'll take pics of it when it's finished. It won't take too long, I hope.

I promised Ray some bbq pork ribs for dinner tonight so I best be getting those in the crock pot.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    If it got that hot I think I'd be joining the cats!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt because I couldn't even attempt to make one now with the arthritis in my hands. It would take me about 50 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    I'm sorry that "Arthur" has come to visit you too. He's in my lower spine and I wish he'd leave.

    I use a sewing machine when I do most of the quilting. The embroidery and appliques are done by hand though.

    It's going to take a little longer than I'd planned though. Something unseen bit me yesterday on my left hand and I'm thinking it was a brown recluse spider. The bite site has turned dark and bruised looking and it's really painful. I took some Benedryl and it's looking better, however it has counter-acted my pain medication and the fibromyalgia pain has soared. After a long nap I'm feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, it has been so hot here too in Tennessee. Every day it's been 90+ degrees and the humidity is terrible. It feels like someone threw a blanket over you when you walk outside. It's smothering hot. I'm so thankful that I work in a cool office building and that my heating and air conditioning at home is working great. Stay cool. I would be tempted to join the cats too! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon!

    Yes, it's been pretty hot here too. Ray mentioned earlier that it felt like a blast furnace when you open the door to go outside.
    I'm happy for cool air conditioning too.
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete