Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Zuchinni

Yes, we found four zuchinni ready for picking yesterday.
I sliced one, dipped it in beaten egg, flour and then fried the slices in hot vegetable oil.

They were so good!

The sunflowers are blooming.



And so is the Queen Anne's Lace.


The blackberries are red now.

So they'll be ripening soon.

The cherry tomatoes are starting to blush.

I can hardly wait to taste those!

Penny has moved her kittens back next door. I guess the lawn mower frightened them too much. Hopefully the neighbor will feed them. If he doesn't, I'll be watching for them.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I hope you enjoyed your chocolate ice-cream yesterday and your home grown zuchinni.
    I love your sunflowers and can't wait for mine to flower.
    By the way, Tesco rang me yesterday evening, it had Eden cringing listening to my conversation but they are trying to get some decent trolleys in the Metro. At Last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    Thanks.
    The yellow sunflowers aren't as big as the mammoth sunflowers I grew last year. These are around 30" tall with saucer-sized heads.

    Yay! Tesco is listening! They should give you a gift certificate for making alot of folks happy in the coming weeks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That zuchinni looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete