Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beautiful Hostas

I'm sitting here with a bowl of chocolate ice cream after a nice, cooling shower.

I have been transplanting hostas today. Some are new varieties I've purchased from a fellow in Minnesota. It was an ebay auction. I was so thrilled when I opened the box to find such beautifully packaged and healthy plants. He took great care packing them too. Each plant was washed, the roots wrapped several times in wet paper towels, the name labeled on a plastic stick and all bagged in paper bags with rubber bands. I've dealt with well known nurseries and never have I had such a fantastic product and such a great price.

I bought three different types. They are Honeybells, Giant Blue and Francee White Edged. The Honeybells and Giant Blues can grow 4'-5' wide and around 30" tall. It's going to take a few years before they reach their potential, but what a sight they will be. They're all snug in their new beds now and I'm about ready for mine. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment