Monday, June 21, 2010

First Summer Shower

The first day of summer is winding down now. The thermometer on the covered deck read 90 degrees around noon. I was splitting and transplanting some hostas but had to quit. The heat was getting unbearable. Then around 3:00pm, the clouds gathered and a nice shower cooled the air down to 80 degrees within 30 minutes. It stayed cloudy and rained off and on until 6:00pm. We got a few flashes of sunshine before dusk set in.

I'm listening to one of my favorite musicians, Natasha Miren, right now. The song is called "Northern Lights". You can find it and download it here if you'd like to listen. Natasha is so talented and beautiful too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    I like your new look. Hope you watered those hostas even if you did get rain. We've had good weather but no rain so I've just finished watering the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    I'm glad you like the new look.

    Yes, I did water the hostas but now that I've split them up, I have alot to transplant. I'm going to have to wait until the sun drops behind the trees first. It's already hot outside.

    ReplyDelete