Monday, July 26, 2010

Growing Things


I just love this time of year. So many things are growing and maturing right now.

The cherry tomatoes have been prolific.



This is the butternut squash.

I can't believe how big it is!

Look how well the heirloom sweet corn is doing.

It's over ten feet tall right now!

Here's the Sugar Baby watermelon.

It will grow to around 8 1/2 inches in diameter and look almost black when it's ripe and ready to pick. I've yet to taste this kind but I've read it's really sweet.

The zucchini has done extremely well. We've had several fried slices and this is my second baking of zucchini bread.

This time the recipe produced one regular loaf and three mini loaves. I've frozen half of the large loaf and two of the mini loaves. I'm thinking they'll be really good this fall and winter.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I am hoping to start a small salsa garden in containers when I can.

    Blessings Robin! ♥

    ReplyDelete