Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ouch!

Yesterday was one of those days I wish I'd stayed in bed.

I fell down the stairs, broke the big toe on my right foot, got a nasty scrape on my left elbow where the bookcase caught me at the bottom, and cut my other arm. Poor Ray was roused out of a sound sleep when he heard me yell for him. He came running and was horrified to find me in a crumpled heap at the foot of the stairs. We got me to the sofa and he brought and ice pack for my toe and various other things to put me back together.
Today I feel as though I've been beat up, but it could have been alot worse, so I feel pretty lucky.

We went to Ray's dads house for a cookout. His sister Cindy and Randall joined us too. We had all kinds of yummy things to eat, burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, green beans cooked with potatoes, sliced cucumbers, cole slaw and home made corn bread which was the best I've ever eaten. Cindy brought some yummy cookie bars with coconut and chocolate chips and Gay made a banana split cake which was also out of this world.

I sat on their front porch afterward with the camera and got some pics of hummingbirds visiting their feeders. Gay said there's around sixty of them as the evening progresses, all lining up for their turn at the feeders.





The view along country roads in Kentucky are always special.





6 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Sorry to hear about your accident. You'll have to rest that foot and keep it up as much as possible.
    Aren't you just the lucky ones to have such beautiful hummingbirds and right on your porch too. I wouldn't swap my little brown sparrows though, I just love to watch their antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I'm sure you scared Ray half to death. I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse but GG is right keep that foot up and iced!!

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice and your thoughtful comments. I really don't have alot of choice in the matter. It's no fun getting older, is it. All I can hear in my head now is that commercial with the old lady yelling, "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

    This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch Robin, that sounds really painful. Take good care of yourself and have a well earned rest.

    Love the hummingbirds, they are gorgeous

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that it wasn't worse. I hope you are on the mend and will be feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,

    Thank you for thinking of me.
    I am feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete