Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Heavy Fog

Yes, the fog is dense this morning. It's one of those fogs that make everything wet and miserable.

The cats couldn't wait for me to open the door so they could come in.
Unfortunately, Bella has gotten into the habit of hissing at Mister whenever he comes inside. He does have a serious look out of his eyes, but he hasn't done anything to warrant such a nasty response. I'm not sure where her fear of him is coming from other than the fact he rarely comes in. Mister quickly decided he'd rather face the wet outdoors then deal with Bella's attitude so I let him back out.

There's something living in the storm drain behind the house that has kept his attention for weeks. He patiently sits beside the twelve inch pipe several hours out of his day. He did capture something one day and my curiosity got the better of me.
His big prize turned out to be a small frog. I managed to divert his attention long enough to grab the little thing and toss it back into the water by the drain. Poor Mister was a bit confused as he searched for the frog that seemed to magically disappear. I kind of felt bad for him but happy he didn't notice I'd taken it.

No sign of the kittens this morning. I guess they're waiting for dryer conditions before venturing out from under the deck.

The weatherman has promised a partly sunny day ahead with temps approaching 90F.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    We've had some very heavy showers today. I got soaked when I was at the farmer's market and by the time I was on my way home soaking wet, the sun came out!
    The weathermen have forecast very high winds for us over the next couple of days so we won't get any fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma!

    Getting soaked is no fun but warm clothes and hot tea is a nice reward.
    High winds are no fun but it beats the gloom of fog in my opinion.
    It's turned into a hot and humid day here so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!

    We get very bad fog at certain times of the year here because I live below sea level on the Fens. Some times in the autumn it won't lift for several days at a time. I always judge how bad it is by how many pylons I can count. If I can't see the one by the house, it's bad! So I know how wet and gloomy it can be!

    ReplyDelete