Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heatwave

Yes, that's what the weatherman says we have to look forward to all week.
I got out early this morning and soaked everything down with the water hose.
My foot started to swell from the fall the other day, so I see now that wasn't a good idea.

All five of the cats napped with me in the air conditioning most of the day. They had their lunch and were ready to head outside. Sarah decided it was way too hot for her and quickly came back in. Hopefully, the others will follow soon.

The kittens are all sleeping under the shady shed out back. I took them some food and water up this morning as "Penny" has all but quit bringing them to the deck.

The corn is almost as tall as I am now. Their daily dose of water has really helped.
The Crimson Sweet watermelon vine is growing nicely too. It's going to shade the corn at the base and hopefully keep the ground moist.

The Butternut Squash is growing quickly too. This is my first time growing it.
I really enjoy gardening. It's such a treat watching things grow.

I found a new fabric panel today that I really like. It's a Nancy Halverson design for Benartex from "Garden Song" line.


The cheapest I found it online was at Erica's Fabric.
http://www.ericas.com/fabric/gardensong.htm
I'm going to make a wall quilt with mine.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    That is such beautiful fabric. I love folk art style things, your quilt will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!

    If you insist on standing to water your garden, why don't you soak a stretchy bandage in cold water and strap your foot and ankle with it. It should help to stop it from swelling too much. If you are like me you'll be finding it hard to keep still!
    We are having hot, humid weather at the moment and it's supposed to last until next week, so like you, I've been using the hose. In the North of England where it's usually the wettest, they have a hosepipe ban from Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma and Grandma!

    I'm glad you like the fabric. I'll post a pic of the quilt when it's done. It should sew quickly.

    Thanks for the advice. Yes, it has been hard to stay still and I'm paying for it now too.
    I'll be around from time to time but the puter is upstairs and it's been hard getting up here to post. I'll be back soon though.

    ReplyDelete